Department of Computer Science, The University of York

Dr Leandro Soares Indrusiak  
Honorary Visiting Professor  

Research

My research addresses the problem of allocating and managing workload onto interconnected resources in such a way that the workload's non-functional requirements are met. Typically, my research addresses application-specific computational workloads allocated over networked computing infrastructure, but I also work on the workload management in manufacturing and transport systems. I am particularly interested in two types of non-functional workload requirements that are increasingly difficult to optimise as system complexity increases: real-time performance and energy dissipation. I divide the resource allocation problem in three different areas, and I have made contributions to all of them together with my students and collaborators: workload modelling and profiling, estimation of real-time performance and energy dissipation in distributed platforms, and resource allocation algorithms and heuristics.

Dr. Leandro Soares Indrusiak - Department of Computer Science - University of York - Deramore Lane - York - YO10 5GH - United Kingdom